Things to do in Honiton
- Visit the market! Honiton has it's own market on Tuesday and Saturday
on the high street.
Also Honiton Farmer’s Market - St Paul’s, Honiton
Every 3rd Thursday in the month: 8.30 am—1 pm.
- Visit Allhallows
Musuem - the most comprehensive collections of Honiton Lace in
the world. Displays in two galleries feature exquisite examples of
16th to early 20th century Honiton lace
Also children's activities and other displays.
- Play Golf! Honiton has it's own golf course.
- Visit PECO Model Railway Exhibition
in nearby Beer. Follow the brown official Tourist Board direction
signs (stating ‘Pecorama’) from the Beer turning on the
A3052. Postcode is EX12 3NA
- Nearby is the The Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth, Devon EX10 0NU
- Honiton Hill Rally - held at the end of August
Vintage cars, rural crafts, market stalls, vintage cars and farm vehicles,
working horses, ommercial and military vehicle as well as arts and
Stockland, nr Honiton
- Visit the High Street for some shopping or a coffee! It's a mile
long with lots of great shops including some charity shops for a mooch!
- Jurassic Coast, Lyme Regis, Beer,Sidmouth, Branscombe
For those who love walking.
There are several
free maps for walkers available at the council website for cycling
in East Devon.
- Nature reserves
Holyford Woodland Trust Local Nature Reserve, managed by East Devon
District Council Countryside Service
The Offwell Woodland and Wildlife
Trust has a 50 acre Forestry Commission site in East Devon with
a Woodland Education Centre
The Blackdown Hills
are a distinctive group of hills lying on the border of Devon and
* Seaton Marshes Local Nature Reserve
* Colyford Common Local Nature Reserve
* Trinity Hill Local Nature Reserve
* Fire Beacon Hill Local Nature Reserve
* Otter Estuary Devon Wildlife Trust Reserve
* Undercliffs National Nature Reserve
- Beer Quarry Caves
Conducted tours are available by trained guides,
- Seaton Tramway - narrow gauge
heritage trams between Seaton, Colyford and Colyton
- Crealy Great Adventure Parks-a great family day out. www.crealy.co.uk
Tickets are cheaper if bought online.
- Otterton Mill, Museum, Art Gallery and Cafe
historic working watermill - www.ottertonmill.com
They have a bread making course and you can see the milling.
- Stuart Line Cruises, Exmouth
centre at Honiton for swimming and other activities
also has a library!
48-50 New Street
Devon EX14 1BS
Thelma Hulbert Gallery, Honiton
* Kingfisher Gallery and Watermill
* Marine House
* Shute Barton
* Fairlynch Museum
* Sidmouth Museum
* Axe Valley Heritage Museum
Places of Interest
* Bicton Park Botanical Gardens
* Blackbury Camp
* Farway Countryside Park
* Sea Discovery Centre
* Lyme Bay Cider Company
* World of Country Life
* The Old Bakery, Manor Mill and Forge
* Norman Lockyer Observatory
* Stuart Line Cruises
* Blackdown Hills AONB
The beaches listed below have disabled access, toilets, parking
nearby and refreshments. Some provide lifeguards and many offer
water sports, boating, fishing and swimming. Dogs are welcome, even
in summer clearly marked areas on most beaches can be accessed
Exmouth: Two-mile sandy beach, watersports, boat
trips, beach hut, deck chair hire.
Budleigh Salterton: Two-mile quiet, uncrowded
pebble beach, beach hut hire.
Ladram Bay: Small shingle beach, boat, deckchair
Sidmouth Jacob's Ladder: Mile-long sand and pebble
beach, beach hut, deckchair hire.
Sidmouth Town Beach: Mile-long sand and pebbles,
watersports, boat trips, deckchair hire.
Branscombe: Two-mile quiet, uncrowded, pebble
beach, motor boat hire. Private car park.
Beer: Pebble beach, boat trips, beach hut, deckchair
hire, fishing trips.
Seaton: Mile-long pebble beach, beach hut, deckchair
Kingfisher Gallery and Watermill
Marine House at Beer.
Axe Valley Heritage Museum
The museum concentrates on the lower Axe Valley and is well known
for its excellent collection of old photographs of the area. www.devonmuseums.net
Bicton Park Botanical Gardens
18 th Century Italian Garden, Palm House, Mediterranean Garden,
Arboretum, Orangery, railway, museum and children's indoor and outdoor
- Blackbury Camp
Countryside Agency An Iron Age 'fort' or settlement site located about
a couple of miles north-west of Seaton in East Devon .
- Lyme Bay Cider Company
- World of Country
Old Bakery, Manor Mill and Forge
National Trust property at Bransombe. The forge is open daily and
the blacksmith sells the ironwork he produces.